- Ph.D. in Language Education, Indiana University
(2001). Dissertation titled, Toward an Understanding of Sense of
Community and Meaningful Learning Experiences in an Online Language
Education Class” (Abstract)
- M.S. in Instructional Systems Technology, IUB
- M.S. in Language Education, IUB
- B. A. in English Language and Literature, Soochow
- Assistant Professor, English Department of National
ChengChi University (August 2002 - now)
- Acting Director, Language Center, Soochow University
(Feb - July 2002)
- Member of the instruction teams for two Web-based
distance education courses at Department of Language Education, IUB.
Involved in design, development, instruction, and facilitating of student
learning as well as providing advising service to fellow teachers
(1997 - n000) (See project information below).
- Consultant for the Educational Technology Service
(ETS) at School of Education, IUB (August 1998 - 2000).
- Reference Specialist for the AskERIC service
at the ERIC Clearinghouse on Reading, English, and Communication (ERIC/REC)
(1998 - 1999).
- Sense of community and meaningfulness during
on-line learning (distance education for language teachers)
- Self-regulated language learning
- Quality and quantity of target language production
through computer simulations and MOOs (virtual reality environements)
- General issues related to foreign language learning
and teaching in technological rich environments
Other information available upon request.
Dr. Chin-chi Chao